The Top Selling suburbs by number sold is not necessarily the best way of assessing a suburbs sales performance and whether your sales person is working hard for you.
I was recently asked by a client “why has my house not sold when we (Baldivis) are always in the top 5 selling suburbs by number sold.”
When I sat down and went through the real data the top selling suburbs by number are not necessarily the best performers when it comes to percentage sold.
During the period from December 1st, 2015 to January 19, 2016 it should be noted the details below.
- Baldivis 513 active listings 23 Settled properties 4.4% sales
- Bertram 68 active listings 5 settled properties 7.3% sales
- Byford 178 active listings 22 settled properties 12% sales
- Casuarina 16 active listings no settlements 0% sales
- Medina 34 active listings 2 settled properties 5.8% sales
- Secret Harbour 168 active listings 13 settled properties 7.7% sales
- Wellard 149 active listings 9 settled properties 6% sales
Data taken from RP Data for period between 1/12/15 to 19/1/15.
Active listings include land sales, together with residential properties.
Settled properties are those that settled a sale during the specified date period.
When looking at the sales percentages, you need to be asking whether your home sits in the top sales percentage of available properties for value and presentation within your area.
Whether it’s adjusting your price to attract a buyer or a revised marketing campaign, a Sales person should be pushing, and doing everything they can do in order to achieve a sale. In the 7 suburbs identified above, there are over 1100 active listings with an average sale percentage of 6.6%
If you are selling your home, make sure it is the best it can be in preparation for sale, and make sure you work with a Sales Person who has the drive to get you the result you need.