As with most things in life, first impressions last, this means to market your property for rent or sale, it is essential that it looks it’s best. Many sellers or landlords make the mistake of letting the property go and decide to tidy it up once they get a tenant or prospect to buy.
The problem in doing this is that a good tenant or property buyer has already dismissed the property just by judging it on photos from the internet or the external appearance driving by.
Just by keeping an eye on the growth of the lawn, any weeds and making sure it stays cobweb and dust-free is essential.
Presenting your home in the best light is the key to achieving a quick sale or renting property at the best possible price.
At Encore Property Group, we are happy to keep an eye on this while we conduct the marketing of your property and will inform you if the any of these items need attending too.
For your convenience, here are few quick tips to getting your property ready for a buyer or a new tenant.
OUTSIDE OF THE PROPERTY
- Lawns – Freshly mowed and edged
- Gardens – Remove any weeds and rubbish
- Sweep – Paths and paving areas
INSIDE IN THE PROPERTY
- Walls – Please clean off any dirty marks
- Ceilings – Please remove any cobwebs
- Light Fittings – remove any dead insects inside
- Ceiling Fans – clean
- Doorways and Doors – wipe off finger marks and any other removable marks
- Windows – Clean inside and out
- Screen Doors – Wiped clean and the screen wire brushed
- Stoves – Clean
- Bathroom – Clean all sinks, mirrors, cabinets, vanity units and drawers,
- Toilet – Clean
- Laundry – Clean
- Tiling – Make sure that all tiling and grouting to the kitchen, toilet, bathroom and laundry areas are clean
- Curtains – consider dry cleaning or if you can wash yourself
- Blinds – If you have venetian blinds, clean off the blind slats
- Floors – Mop/wash as required.
- Carpets – Professionally cleaned prior to inspection
Real Estate Services - Advice and Tips