1. How do you qualify applicants for a rental property?
One important strategy when finding new tenants is to not rush to judgement. We seek information about applicants to give you confidence that they’ll be good tenants and pay their rent in full and on time.
It includes steps:
- An interview with one of our property manager
- A 100 point identification check
- A detailed tenancy database search
- Verification from their current/former landlords/agents
- Verification of their employment
- Verification that they can afford the rent and all other monies payable under the tenancy agreement
In addition to the normal financial qualifications, we always try to find more information about prospective tenants to ensure the property they rent is convenient to their work, shopping and desired school district. This will help to ensure that they will be happy tenants and remain longer in your rental property. Once interviewed and reference checked by us, applications that met the criteria will be presented to you for approval before any tenancy documentation is entered into.