It is vital that you protect yourself and your valuable investment property with adequate insurance. This covers you for rent arrears, malicious damage, accidental damage, contents e.g. Carpets, blinds, light fittings and furniture, deliberate damage, legal expenses etc.
Encore Property Group has appointed two known Insurance companies who specialises in Landlord Insurance but it is up to the you as the owner to make your own enquires to appoint your preferred insurance company.
Encore Property Group has attached a outline of what these insurance companies offer to our landlords.
In terms of coverage, these are the three absolute must-have’s in a landlord insurance policy:
- Theft or burglary by tenants or their guests
- Malicious damage or vandalism by tenants or their guests
- Loss of rent due to tenant default
Beyond those essentials though, there are plenty of other features and inclusions you can look for.
- Theft or burglary caused by tenant
- Legal costs related to tenant eviction by court order
- Rental loss due to theft by tenant
- Loss due to tenants obtaining a hardship order
- Malicious damages caused by tenant
- Rental loss due to death of sole tenancy
- Malicious damage for both building and contents
- Rental loss due to failure to give vacant possession
- Rental loss due to damages caused by tenant
- Rental loss due to prevention of access
- Damages caused by tenant’s pet
- Does the policy have a weekly rent limit?
- Liability cover
- Re-letting expenses after a claim on rental loss
- Rent loss due to insured events
- Removal of goods after a claim on rental loss
- Rent default by tenant
- Representation costs after a claim on rental loss
- Rent loss due to absconding tenants
- Change of locks after a claim on rental loss
- Rental loss due to tenant eviction by court order
- Professional tax audit fees