Choosing your property to rent and trying to decide if the rental property is right for you in a 10-minute at open inspection can be even difficult. It is going be your home! You should make sure a property matches your needs before signing a tenancy agreement.
- Is the property the right size?
- Is it in the right location for work and social activities?
- Is it suitable for pets or children?
- Can you maintain the property? (e.g. can you look after a pool or large garden?)
- Does the property have the facilities you need? (e.g. does it have a broadband connection? If not, can it be added and who will pay for these services to be made available?
- Will you have to pay for water usage?
- In a rural property will you need to refill the water tank in dry weather?
- Will there be additional costs for occasional garden maintenance? (e.g. disposing of green waste, tree pruning)
- In a caravan park, will there be extra site costs?
- If there are gas bottles, will they be filled at the start of the tenancy and will a receipt be provided?
- Does the property have the level of security you require? (e.g. screens on windows)